Airi SUZUKI (鈴木愛理) in a japanese singer, model and actress signed under the UP-FRONT WORKS agency.
Born on April 12th, 1994 in Gifu prefecture, she officially debuted as an Idol on June 30, 2002 as an Hello! Project Kids. Before that, she was a UP-FRONT MUSIC SCHOOL student and appeared as a back dancer for numerous artists, such as EE JUMP. After being a member of °C-ute for 12 years, she started her solo career following their disbandment.
Airi Suzuki as a backdancer for EE JUMP, before becoming a Hello! Project member
|Airi Suzuki's audition pictures|
April 1998 : Entrance at Madoka kindergarden
|Airi in front of her kindergarden in Gifu, 23 years later|
September 1998 : Moved from Gifu Prefecture to Chiba Prefecture. Entrance at Yamabiko kindergarden.
May 1999 : Entrance at UP FRONT MUSIC SCHOOL
March 2001: Graduated from Yamabiko kindergarden.
April 2001: Attending Kiminomori primary school. Took piano, english, swiming classes and was a part of the clubs of manga and science.
2007-2013: Attended Hinode secondary school and highschool.
March 2013: Highschool graduation ceremony
April 2013: Attending Keio university's Shonan Fujisawa Campus, Faculty of Environment and Informations. She studied cognitive sciences.
March 2017: Graduated from Keio University
|Airi at her graduation ceremony in 2017|
|Airi during the presentation of her graduation thesis' experiment at Keio|
● The other choice for Airi's name was "Merii メリイ / Merry" but her
grandmother told her parents that she would've been made fun of at
school because there was a popular horror game called "Merry's
phonecall", so they decided to name her Airi
● Airi used to live with her parents and her young brother in Yamatake-gun Oamishirasato-chou, Chiba prefecture. She now lives alone in Tokyo.
● Her paternal grandparents still lives in Gifu. Her grandfather's name is Motoyuki SUZUKI (鈴木基之).
● Her parents are the professional golfers Tooru SUZUKI (鈴木亨) and Kyoko MARUTANI (丸谷京子). They were respectively born on May 28, 1966 and April 11, 1968 at Gifu and Saitama Omiya.
● Her father started to play golf at 9years old and is a professional golfer since 1989, her mother started in 1992 but stopped one year after.
● Her parents married on a November 15th, but they registered their marriage just one year before Airi's birth.
● When she was younger, her mother used to bring her to Morning Musume.'s concerts. She also made homemade crafts like Anpanman cushions that Airi loved or even a teddy bear with clothes.
● Her parents are really proud of her and often gives her precious gifts to celebrate her growth, like bracelets, necklaces and watches.
● Her young brother is named Takayuki SUZUKI (鈴木貴之) but his friend calls him Takkun (たっくん). He was born on March 25, 1996. He attended Takushoku University Koryo High School and Chuo Gakuin Daigaku since Spring of 2015 and graduated on March 2019. In 2022, he announced he became a golf instructor and opened his own Instagram account.
He loves Airi dearly and they often go shopping together.
|Airi's family (picture from "Airi Mania" stylebook)|
● Airi has 6 dogs at home, Wynn (or Win) (ウィン, female) ; Clear (クリア, female) ; Papi (パピ, male) ; Merry (メリー, female) ; Lucky (ラッキー, male) and Lizy (リズィ, female).
|Airi with her dog Win (from °C-ute's Gree blog)|
● As for her close friends, in highschool Airi used to often talk about a best friend named "K-chan" in her blog. After °C-ute's disbandment, Airi revealed the identity of this person, who is the famous dancer KANATA.
● Airi was in the same class as Kanako MOMOTA (Momoiro Clover Z), Mayu MATSUOKA (actress), Leo IERI (singer), Shuka Fujii (E-girls), Shigetome Manami (E-girls), Anna TAMAI (PASSPO☆), Shika OJIMA (Idoling!!!), Suzuran YAMAUCHI (SKE48), Mio MASUI (PASSPO☆), Ami NÔJÔ (Nogizaka46) and Asahi NAO (Idoling!!!).
● She attended the same secondary school as Ryûnosuke KAMIKI.
● As for now, she is of course still close friend with °C-ute members, and her Ray model friends.
|Airi with her best friend, dancer KANATA (叶多) |
AIRI'S LOVE LIFE
・Airi Suzuki - 18 years history (Airi-aL photobook)
・Airi Suzuki - Long interview (Airimania style book)